Thursday, December 11

Christmas is Coming

Today I am overwhelmed, and for no reason at all other than I am a woman and women tend to get overwhelmed more easily than men I think.

The kitchen is a mess, the dishwasher needs emptied, clothes need folded, the living room is messy, our bed is unmade, and I yet have unsent Christmas cards needing addresses, etc. I understand that anyone with children would probably think if those were the only things that needed done, they would be in good shape. But for some reason I feel like that should all be kept up since I have nobody to clean up after besides my husband, who actually tends to clean up after me more than I clean up after him.

Umm I think I got on here to write about the past week.

Christmas cards keep coming and it is so exciting! I finally got most of our cards sent out this week! This week's highlights have been getting Christmas decor up (involving a cart-full of purchases from Goodwill), a Young Couples Christmas dinner, Vespers, Christmas caroling, the Champion Christmas party, and going Christmas shopping in Iowa City with my mom. Christmas...Christmas...Christmas...!!

Young Couples Christmas dinner - was beautiful and delicious! 
Working on the Christmas scheme...
Vespers Choir Concert - starring Jonathan and Justin
Please note NO Christmas baking has been done. I am being a culinary Scrooge this year.

My shopping trip was super-successful, as I went from hardly starting my Christmas shopping to being almost finished. And I even got all of my gifts wrapped that night when I got home. It was also a fun day to spend with my mom! Before we went to Iowa City, we drove over to Williamsburg and purchased me some end tables and a coffee table that I found on Craigslist for our living room. The new furniture has been the excitement of my week because it makes the living room much more cozy and inviting! We seem to be spending a lot more time in the living room now (as opposed to the kitchen), probably because there is actually a place to set things now.

This weekend we have a little bit more of Christmas coming up: a school Christmas program tonight, Christmas Caroling on Saturday, and two Sunday School Christmas programs on Sunday. Christmas...Christmas...Christmas...!!

Did somebody say Christmas? Must be around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment