This year's Thanksgiving weekend brought us to Hancock to spend time with the Schmidgalls! We were thankful for smooth travels with my family on the way up.
Our arrival time at the Ascheman home was perfect as a "project" was created for Matt when Lucky's gate got trampled and broken. While most of us would have decided the splintered gate was trash, Matt decided to fix it. I didn't get an "after" picture, but it pretty much looked new by the time we left.
![]() |
| "Got any clamps and wood glue?" |
Thursday morning we went to church. We were reminded to give praise and thanks to God for the many ways He provides for us - and most of all, for our salvation!
We were thankful for the gracious hospitality of our aunts and uncles that day. Aunt Brenda served us lunch, and then we moved in on Uncle Rob and Aunt Kax for supper. I'm not quite used to having two good meals in one day! It was great to catch up with our cousins, too!
![]() |
| As if the Massner family didn't get enough of each other on Wednesday's ride to Minnesota...we met back up at the Knobloch place. |
![]() |
| Our hosts and hostesses at the Schmidgall home! |
We went to Pizza Ranch for supper on Friday and then bowling afterward. Billy had an impressive score of 203 - two turkeys and a couple spares. I am the "S" above him. I'm glad I got my best score ever this game so I didn't look so bad for Billy's pictures.
That night, the cousins got together at the Ascheman cabin to play games and spend the night. We went for a little while and then brought the younger ones home for the night.
![]() |
| "Make a sound like..." |
![]() |
| Singing |
![]() |
| Gifts |
![]() |
| Games |
After church on Sunday, we visited Grandpa and Grandma Schmidgall's grave before heading home.
The following weekend, we made a return trip to Morris for Nathan and Lucy's wedding. It was a blessing to share in the happy couple's big day and we are excited to welcome Lucy to Iowa!
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! I can't believe December is almost half over...!










No comments:
Post a Comment