Since Mommy isn't getting around to sharing any of my handsome pictures and life story with you, I decided to bop in and do it myself. I am one month old today and tried real hard to be a dashing young man for my pictures this morning!
I've been trying to be a good little boy for Mommy. I figure the best thing I can do is give her plenty of sleep at night, so I make sure I don't cry unless I am really hungry. I have only been waking up about once a night since I came home, with a couple of exceptions. During the day I just like to look around and dance to music.
One of my favorite times of the day is when Daddy gets home. He and I are getting along great, especially ever since I stopped cooperating for him when he was trying to change my diapers. Now Mommy gets to change them all and Daddy likes me all the more.
Since my pictures are way cuter than my words, I will take a break from writing now. Mommy told me I had to keep this post to less than twenty pictures, so I'll do my best.
6 Hours
3 Days
One Week Old
 |
| Mommy loves my cuddles! |
 |
| Daddy calls me "Little Buddy" and I call him *hiccup*. We hit it off right from the start. |
 |
| I had a lot of visitors the first week home! I got to meet some of my cousins... |
 |
| ...and my neighbors came over to visit, too! |
Two Weeks Old
My crib and I had our first encounter on my two week birthday. Mommy and Daddy decided I was becoming a much too noisy sleeper to sleep in their bedroom anymore. It was a couple days later before Mommy figured out that the only way I was going to sleep in there was if I was swaddled or on my tummy. The crib and I get along great during the day, but I still sleep swaddled in the Rock-n-Play at night (in my own room, of course).
 |
| My Schulz Aunts and Uncles came to visit! |
 |
| I love listening to Daddy and Mommy play their instruments! |
The doctor gave me a clean bill of health at my two week appointment. My bilirubin was down and I was at the 50th percentile for both height and weight (8lb 6oz; 20.5in). I'm still trying to eat a lot so I can be as big as my uncles someday. But sometimes my belly can't handle as much as I think it can so I end up spitting up a lot. Grandma Massner says I'm being just like my Mommy when I do that. Can you believe it that she thinks Mommy used to be as little as me?
Three Weeks Old
 |
| I got all dressed up in my church outfit for my first Sunday in Burlington. We had to get a picture before I grew out of it! |
 |
| I was warmly welcomed by the Schulz family for my first visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house on Valentine's Day. |
 |
| This is one of my favorite toys! |
 |
| But I think this is my all-time favorite place to be! :) |
 |
| We went over to Uncle Phil and Aunt Kelli's house on Friday night and got to spend some quality time with my cousins! They are getting all practiced up for their baby sister coming in April! |
Four Weeks Old
 |
| My Massner uncles think I'm pretty special! |
 |
| Mommy introduced me to these toys last week. I thought they made me look a little silly at first, but then decided they were kind of fun! Except I still haven't figured out the point of those rattles on my feet. |
 |
| The white dribble running down my face and all over everything is a great visual of the story of my life right now. I try to behave myself most of the time, but it is kind of funny to watch everyone's reactions when I spit up. Mommy doesn't even try to keep up with me anymore and my clothes are pretty much just always soaked with puke. |
I can't think of anything else to tell you except that I am getting ready to make some big changes in the next couple months! The next things on my agenda are smiling and sleeping through the night! ;) (Sorry, Mom, potty training will have to wait until the next month...)
No comments:
Post a Comment