Before Levi turns six months old on Monday, Matt thought I should at least post his five month picture. So here you have it...
![]() |
| He went through a "phase" around that time where the only way he would look halfway pleasant for a picture was if I let him stick out his tongue... |
My apologies.
One highlight of our month was having Steve and Julie and their family in the area for a week. Levi was happy to meet them for the first time! We enjoyed getting together with the Schulz family, and Mom even got us a four-generation photo!
| Four generations of Schulz boys! (Looks like trouble...) |
![]() |
| Myca and me ready for fireworks! I didn't last much past dusk due to a crying baby. |
A Corny Photoshoot: "Knee High by the Fourth of July"
I had a great idea to get a picture of the neighboring cornfield on the Fourth of July to show that our Southeast Iowa corn has exceeded the expectations this year. Not only was it me-plus-my-knee high by July 4th; but it was also beginning to tassel.
Except then I realized that I had no prior experience posing with a cornfield. And that my Sunday clothes did not fit into the scene very well.
![]() |
| The corn didn't do a very good job of "leaning in" for the photo... |
![]() |
| So I decided the hands-on-hips pose would look more natural. |
![]() |
| In the end, the awkward hands-at-sides stance seemed to work out best. |
After the holiday was past, Levi finally stopped sticking out his tongue long enough for us to see two teeth poking through!
![]() |
| We told him those two front teeth were an early Christmas present. |
The other day I got to work in the garden for about the first time all summer, thanks to the beautiful morning that put Levi to sleep!
![]() |
| Snowbell (cat) stood guard and ended up taking a little snooze himself. |
Matt and Levi have formed a great guitar-piano duo and enjoyed serenading me the other night with their tunes.
![]() |
| Thanks to Bumbo, one no longer needs to be physically able to sit in order to play the piano. |













No comments:
Post a Comment