Oops. It's the last day of the month and the day that I scramble to get the blog updated so we can have at least one update each month. I think I left off somewhere along the lines of wanting life to slow down a teeny bit before the holidays...?
 |
| ...at least the weather cooperated! Levi loved going down to look at the piggies, and they seemed to like his company, too! |
Well, for trying to slow down, we certainly had our share of activity! But all of our blessings in life are what keep us busy, so we are very thankful for all that God has given us: family, travel, church, friends, health, time, food, music, nature, and much more!
 |
| Levi helped Grandma make cookies! |
 |
| This is the outfit that all of my brothers wore for their nine-month pictures, so I tried to remake the pose with Levi. He is a wee bit smaller than any of them were! |
The day after I wrote the last blog post, Matt called from work and asked if we could go with him to MIPSYCON (an annual engineering conference) the next week in St. Paul. Ummmm....sure!!
Whew. Phil & Kelli and Krista (about six months old) were also along for the ride. Nothing like keeping two babies happy in downtown St. Paul for four days! Monday night, while Levi cried in his pack-n-play for a half hour before falling asleep and I worried about the guy next door planning his revenge, I thought I had made an awful mistake in going. However, things did get better from there and I think it was better than the alternative of being at home all week by myself. :)
 |
| Meanwhile, in America...election day! Matt and I had some excitement Wednesday night when we heard shouting outside and looked out our hotel window to see a Trump protest make its way toward the state capital. |
Kelli, Krista, Levi, and I spent Tuesday shopping with two other engineers' wives from Lester, and then Wednesday was our "break day" when we stayed in the hotel rooms most of the day with sleeping babies. Thursday morning we went to the Mall of America until the men finished their conference at noon. As for the evenings, Levi and I joined the Stanley men for dinner on Monday night, on Tuesday the babies and mommies joined several couples from church at a restaurant called Xavi, and Wednesday night we went to church for supper, singing, and service.
 |
| Watching the rides at the Mall of America! |
Overall, it was fun to get away from our normal routines at home. Levi was certainly thankful to be home and have his own space again!
 |
| The elephant is his favorite toy!! |
Enter: One day of break!!
That weekend was Brianna and Eric's wedding in Mediapolis. We enjoyed keeping guests overnight and seeing all kinds of new and familiar faces in church. Every wedding weekend is such a blessing to remember our special day three years ago and to be encouraged in strengthening our own marriage!
The next week and a half consisted of random plans throughout the day, one being my 28-week OB appointment and another being Levi's 10-month check-up. We are very thankful to report that both of our babies are doing well! :)
 |
| 10 months old! 19#1oz; 28in long |
Thanksgiving provided plenty of opportunities for eating and relaxing with family. Thursday we attended services at church, a noon Thanksgiving meal at my Mom and Dad's, and an evening meal with the Lanz family at Uncle Keith and Aunt Tonya's with around eighty in attendance.
Friday morning, Matt went shopping with Levi while I did dishes, laundry, and packed for a weekend getaway to a hotel in Cedar Rapids with my family.
 |
| Might I add...this kid was SO excited to go bye-bye with Daddy! |
The weekend was spent snacking, eating, swimming, playing games, and spoiling Levi. The game "DING" could probably be purchased from one of the Massners for a great price, if anyone is interested.
 |
| Levi enjoyed swimming in the pool! |
We drove straight to church from the hotel Sunday morning. That afternoon we were all very tired and took naps until suppertime.
I spent the past two days working in the kitchen. For some reason, I thought it would be a great idea to combine my Sunday church serving duties with my Christmas baking, and it turned into a bigger project than intended. I only have one more pan of bars to make between now and Sunday, so I decided today was going to be my day off.
 |
| The last of yesterday's cookie decorating endeavor! |
And today I woke up and wrote "November 30th" in my journal and wondered what had happened to his month. Surprisingly, I didn't feel nearly as overwhelmed by November as I did by October. December, on the other hand...that month is just going to happen one day at a time.
 |
| In case you wondered what Matt has been up to...just the normal: projects! This is an insulated box for the cattle tank to keep the horse's water from freezing over the winter (the horse is Trevor's, but makes its home in our pasture). |
At least the flying time makes this pregnancy go by quickly! It probably helps that I am not nearly as impatient with this one. The memories of childbirth and the exhausting postpartum days are still fairly fresh in my memory, and this time it will all happen with a twelve-month-old in tow. I am contenting myself in these peaceful days and restful nights while they are still around! (Though we are certainly looking forward to holding our new baby in our arms when the time comes!)
And now...Christmas! Somehow, Christmas seems to last the entire month of December. We are hoping to try the day-at-a-time strategy for the next month so we can enjoy our blessings and avoid getting too "wrapped up" in the details! Wishing you all a blessed holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment