Saturday, November 11

Fall Fell (...and here comes the cold.)

I am currently enjoying a moment where I don't quite know what to do with myself. I'm all caught up with the dishes, the house is clean, the baby is sleeping, Matt is gone with Levi, I've got supper and tomorrow's breakfast taken care of...yep. Happens all the time. 

By the time I finish writing, I'm sure the above description of my day will no longer be applicable. Nor do I expect another moment like this to happen again in the next twenty years. But it's worth a shot at trying to catch up with the blog.

For lack of better creativity, I will begin at: The day I left off. Levi started experimenting with a prospective future in auto maintenance. Matt had to share with him that a fire lighter is not necessarily the go-to tool for fixing a minivan.


We met Matt for supper at the new substation in town! (Where else would you picnic with your favorite electrical engineer?) We were a little disappointed to hear that the substation didn't even sell subs, but we brought our own food and had a nice time anyway. 
We squeezed in a few more days of beautiful weather before the cold began to hit.



Rather than ants, it was the cats that kept stealing our food at our last picnic of the season... 
But, of course, there is still fun to be had in the cooler days of fall! We visited a pumpkin patch with my Mom one day, hosted the Schulz family one evening, and attended a couple other wiener roasts throughout the season.






Micah enjoying his first hay rack ride... 
Matt completed his work on the retaining wall for the winter.


As for now, we have begun to quarantine ourselves indoors. 

I was busy working in the kitchen and asked Levi to give Micah some Cheerios...next thing I know, Levi had dumped out the entire box on Micah's tray. Micah sure thought he hit the jackpot! 
And then there are those messes that you wish you could blame on your children, but...nope. The bowl of split pea soup slipped right out of my hands and splattered all over the kitchen. Yay. 
Levi's new favorite article of clothing is his "Cozy Thomas towel" that he got for a baby gift. He would probably be happy to wear it all day if I would let him! 
He wanted to wear Mommy's clothes one day. And Daddy's hat. 
On Halloween, we decided at 6pm to dress up the boys and bring them to Virg and Barb's and Mom & Dad's. Levi had a bear costume downstairs, and Micah was a computer whiz (or something). :) 

"ROOAAR!!"

Horseback riding with Daddy.

Most of the Schulz family was able to make it to a family night at Seth and Brenda's this weekend! Bad photo quality from my phone...but quality family time, nonetheless. :) 
Micah turned 8 months old in October, and 9 months old today! He is still as jolly as ever, and getting busier all the time! He quickly went from crawling to cruising to walking over the past couple months. Daddy is quite proud to have an early walker like himself! :) 



Well, the dryer just buzzed and the baby is waking up. I should probably get up and going again. Have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment