Wednesday, October 10

Excuse the Interruptions

Everybody is taking naps at the same time AND I've already had mine. So I am sitting down to start writing a long overdue blog post. The "everybody sleeping" thing will probably not even last till the end of this sentence and then I will have to step away for another week before getting back to this.

...wait for it...

Hey, I guess I'm still here. We'll see how long this lasts. SO (which stands for September/October). September and half of October have just flown by! It seems like these are always busy months around here. To avoid getting overwhelmed at all I need to catch up on, here are the basic things that happened in the past month and a half:

- We started up piano lessons at the beginning of September. I have six students, split between Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Tuesdays the mothers stay to watch the boys, and Thursdays Jesse comes to watch them. Things are going smoothly so far.

-The second weekend of the month, we were sad to say goodbye to our 94-year-old neighbor and Great-Uncle Virg. His overflowing optimism always made it so much fun to visit with him. It was hard to see his empty chair in the living room when we went to visit Aunt Barb the next week.

-Outings of the month involved a trip to my Aunt Diane's cabin in Illinois, a few young couples events, Lanz Nauvoo, Baby Joy, a few church events, two trips to town for doctor's appointments and two others to get groceries. Along with church on Sunday and Wednesday nights and a few nights spent with family.

-We survived our first overnight with Matt gone for work.

-We TRAVELLED (can you believe it?!) and thoroughly enjoyed a trip to Remington the first weekend of October for Matt's cousin's baptism. Ever since Matt got out of Sunday School this summer, I have been itching to travel the world. Indiana seemed like a good start. The kids all traveled very well, other than Micah's intermittent complaining about not feeling well ("oweee...oweee..."). After Saturday's supper at a cabin, we enjoyed our after-dinner show of a screaming baby and the worst case of the runs-y blowout I've ever dealt with in a toddler. Long story short, I smelled like poo the rest of the weekend. 

From there, it only got better. Really, it did. We dropped the boys off for the evening and were very encouraged to hear three testimonies of souls who have eagerly chosen to serve the Lord. The fellowship was also very refreshing as we have not seen many of the faces out there since our single days. We really haven't traveled much in the past few years and it stirred up a renewed appreciation for all of our Christian friendships. Sunday went well, and the trip home was very peaceful due to Camille and Adriana entertaining the back end of the van for us. Micah started up his complaints again as soon as we dropped the girls off, but fortunately we only had 15 minutes left in our trip. :) He has since been feeling much better. 

...

Excuse the brief interruption. As I wrote that paragraph, Levi woke up with soaking wet clothes. We have since taken him potty again, gotten him his potty treat, and changed his clothes. And now he is sitting here in front of me on the desk as I type, saying "Hey, Mommy, that says Levi!" "Hey, Mommy, what's this for?" "Hey Mommy..." Good thing I don't have to read my writing as I type because I can't even see the computer screen. I'm going to continue, but just know that I am accomplishing a major feat here. That's why blog posts have become such an infrequent happening around here.

...

-Joanna has turned two months old and is already pushing the three month mark! We love her giggles and bubbly personality, and she is so content to just sit and watch all the action around here. Levi does a good job of entertaining her. She sleeps 7-8 hours at night now. She has been known to get colicky at times, but for the most part she is very happy. I have found that if I don't get enough to eat, that usually makes her fussy. Which is a problem that I am more than happy to fix. But sometimes I get busy and don't spend the whole day stuffing my face with food, and then she gets upset with me. 

-Micah is learning to talk. Levi is learning to read. I am learning to be a better housekeeper. Matt is learning...um...not sure. I think he actually knows everything because somehow he manages to keep up with us all.

...

Excuse the distracting audio story of Rumpelstiltskin playing in the background. But Levi is finally content. 

...

Now for pictures that can hopefully fill in the blanks.

...

"...I'll spin the wheat straw into gold..." Ahh this story is so distracting. Sorry. Where was I? Pictures...yes...

Our beautiful six week old baby! 
Levi, Micah, and Ryker sharing some good times around the campfire at Young Couples! 
On Labor Day, we spent the day with my Aunt Diane's family at her cabin in Illinois. They had this big water slide in their backyard! The boys had so much fun on the water that day! 
We attended a housewarming singing shower for Peter and Mandy. It was quite interesting to see what a shower would be like with children invited! Kind of like a ginormous birthday party...none of them seemed at all turned off by the fact that the gifts consisted mostly of towels, dishes, and bed sheets. 
Olivia S. came to visit a few weeks ago and brought some super-cute outfits along! :) 
Then there's Micah. He thinks he needs TWO pacifiers at a time.
This isn't Micah. The unnamed child above loves hats and was so happy for the opportunity to wear one. Plus I wanted to see if there was any resemblance to me when I wore the outfit back in the day. 
"I need to eat another cookie for Daddy so he doesn't get fat." Umm...not gonna buy that excuse, Bud. Maybe an offer to eat one for me would have been more convincing.
So. This was my first successful attempt at making healthy chocolate chip cookies that actually tasted AMAZING (for healthy, that is...). Chocolate chip cookies have always been my weakness so it was very exciting to enjoy them again!
Blessing S. has been coming on Wednesdays to help out, so one day we picked all the apples from two of our trees and made applesauce! Mom came over a couple weeks later and we made another 23 quarts so hopefully we will be set for the year! Ahh...what an accomplishment!  
Matt spent one Saturday helping on the cabin at his Mom and Dad's! 
...Micah just woke up. We'll see if I can keep going with him climbing on top of me.

Levi loves Joanna so much. It melts my heart to see how sweet he can be with her! :) 
I'm still learning the ropes of this girl stuff. Apparently it is a good idea to take off the headband before putting her in the car seat, or it will turn into a blindfold on the way home. I was wondering why she was being so quiet back there... 
Did I mention this boy loves his hats? Apparently underwear makes a great hat. It does more good on his head than on his bottom anyway (*woeful potty training sigh*). 
Did I mention Levi loves his sister? Yep. This is getting to be a very repetitive blog post. 
Did I mention Joanna is so sweet? Hehe...sorry.

Two months old! It is fun to watch her fun personality emerge!
And then there are two boys who couldn't wait to get in front of the camera. They weren't very thrilled to find out we were really there to take Joanna's picture. 

...Excuse me as I appease Micah's unhappiness.

...

...Wow, I didn't get very far. Now Joanna is waking up. This could get disastrous. 

...

...And next up on the soundtrack after Rumpelstiltskin is the Bible story of Creation. Didn't realize we had such a decent story on here or I would have played it first. Levi is still listening intently. Micah has retreated back to his bed. Joanna was satisfied by a pacifier. So let's keep moving.

Jesse and Mom's birthday party
Lanz Nauvoo (The only picture I don't have is the one that I am in!)
A cotton candy machine showed up at Nauvoo this year!
Matt always makes fun of me for eating all my food and forgetting to feed the boys. I didn't realize how true it was until he was gone one night and the boys had to fend for themselves. 
This was the first time that all three kids slept at the same time in the same room. Successful! I don't think we have done it since, though. 
The boys like to "be like Daddy" when they get out of the shower...AKA wrapping up in their towels. 
Just because she's adorable. :)
We finally got a hold of some old records to play in our record player! It actually plays CDs and tapes too so that is what we usually use it for. But it was fun to play a couple records! 
Matt spent a day working at Phil and Kelli's as they prepare for their addition!
Pretty dress:)
Levi made a "piano" with his blocks.
The boys got all bundled up and then Levi wanted to go outside and play in the snow. He was very disappointed to find out that he couldn't play in the snow because it was still a sunny day in September. 
Riding home with Aunt Camille from Remington! She was a great help on the way home! 
...Joanna is officially awake. I will see how long I can put off nursing her. And now we are listening to the story of Abraham and Lot.

"Door-ty!"
...Matt just called to say he's on his way home so Levi is talking to him on the phone now. Excuse me as I get supper in the oven. 

"Mommy, take my picture too!" 
Matt got a new phone and is having too much fun with it. :) 
AND...THE FINAL "HAT" PICTURE OF THE DAY.
There, all caught up. Please forgive me for this abrupt ending so I can finish supper, nurse my baby, feed my family, clean up supper, and get everyone ready to leave for church in the next hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment