Tuesday, April 14

Happy Easter!

Post-Easter greetings from our crew! We had a very nice holiday despite being unable to spend it in church and with our family and friends. The hope we have in Christ's death and resurrection has no boundaries! Sharing the beautiful story of Jesus with our young children was a special blessing of the week. They are at such an impressionable stage where the whole story is so new and fresh! The resurrection eggs we opened were so fun for them!


Somehow, even the excess-of-candy part of Easter still happened. Since we couldn't get together for Easter this year, my family hid eggs outside at their place for the kids to hunt on Friday afternoon...it was a highlight of their month (any outing is a highlight these days, but one with fun and candy is true excitement)! 


I thought we were loaded up on candy for the year, but then on Sunday afternoon Matt's family came over and dropped off a big egg box full of fun activities and some more candy! It added some good spice to the kids' lives!

About five years ago, I bought an egg dying kit thinking it would be a fun activity to do sometime. I finally got it out this year and we had our first egg-dying experience of our married life. Matt showed more ambition for making amazing egg creations than me, so I ended up letting him take over!
Moon dough from my mom made for a good way to pass the time while they waited for the eggs to color! 
Adding stickers and stuff...

And then I learned that a Schulz cannot simply dump perfectly good dye down the drain (my mom must have been way too boring...)! He decided to make tie-dye shirts for him and the kids!

To be fair, this is the best this shirt ever looked...after drying, it looked mostly yellow.
The kids' shirts turned out a little more colorful!
To those who wonder if egg dye is really made for tie dye shirts: Monday morning I tried hand washing the shirts in cold water to see if the color would hold. And most of the dye completely washed out right away (see above). So I followed up with some bleach, and the shirts were good as new! Well, they were fun while they lasted!
Attempt #38 to get all three kids looking pleasant for the camera on Easter Sunday. 
Joanna was happy sitting on her favorite rock. Levi was still upset because it was too sunny in that spot.
Thus, we compromise with the classic line-up-against-a-wall pose because that's what it took to make them all happy at once! :)
And...our Easter dinner! (I tell you, it is impossible to get these kids to look decent for the camera these days!!) :)
As for the rest of the past two weeks...I think the only other highlight was our one outing when we drove to town for groceries last Thursday! I got the groceries, we picked up Buffalo Wild Wings for supper (using up a gift card and taking advantage of BOGO on Thursday), and then we made an impromptu stop at Mom and Dad Schulz's for some ice cream sandwiches. They were having a good deal there too. Another good deal was getting to see them in person for the first time in several weeks!

Now for the random pictures you've all been waiting for...

She is outgrowing her clothes and I'm not going to be making it to Goodwill or garage sales any time soon. So, out come her brother's hand-me-downs for the time being!
Uncle Johnny rode his bike out here from Mom and Dad's one day! Micah rode down the lane with him on his own bike!
Another beautiful day, the kids and I walked all the way to Lake Virg! I was impressed by their energy and stamina! 
The boys found another window to snoop on Daddy at work...
A LEGO parade...
She loves her daddy! 
Matt has been working on his project for Joanna's birthday...it should end up being a stool to sit at the table!
We have enjoyed a few Zoom calls with family!
Matt and the boys went fishing last weekend and caught the first fish of the season!
Clearing a path through the timber!
Donning his PPE.
The ducks have been letting us feed them some oats on occasion!
A future back ache!
My latest sourdough experiment...crackers! I didn't roll them thin enough so they were more like seasoned bread. Better luck next time. 
Levi made a wheelbarrow (with a little help from Daddy)!
I think the only other excitement is that Joanna has made huge progress with the potty training. As if anyone besides me is ecstatic about that.

Oh, and another batch of sourdough cinnamon rolls is coming out of the oven right now...yum!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment