A couple weekends ago, we took a three-day trip to Dubuque for our little "family vacation" at Grand Harbor resort where there is an indoor water park. It was the perfect Covid-time destination with three little children because it was something that was actually OPEN and we could just hang out there most of the time!
 |
| Thursday evening after swimming we got A&W for a picnic and evening at a park. |
 |
| The water park didn't open until the afternoon on Friday, so we visited Fenelon Place Elevator - an attraction dubbed the shortest, steepest scenic railroad in the world. |
 |
| We had a great view of Dubuque from the top! |
 |
| On the way down... |
 |
| After the elevator, we visited the Dubuque Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. It ended up being a great place for walking and hiking. The fish pond was a highlight for the children. You could tell the fish were used to being fed! :) |
 |
| This boy was SO fascinated by all the pretty fish! |
 |
| Matt and the boys went off on a hiking trail through the woods and found this little church on their hike! |
 |
| After some naps and and afternoon of swimming, we got pizza and ate down by the river. |
 |
| My breakfast date on Saturday morning! :) |
 |
| The kids loved the water park! Levi spent a couple hours just going up and down the big water slides. Matt did his fair share of climbing up and going down the slides with the children too. I kind of forgot that I wouldn't be able to do the water slides or much jungle gym climbing in general due to my pregnant condition, so I spent most of the time in the pools keeping an eye on everybody. |
 |
| We got lunch from McDonald's and had another picnic before heading home with three worn-out kiddos! |
 |
| Burlington held our postponed Sunday School picnic the next day at Matt's parents' house. Most of the students made it for the picture! |
 |
| Lots of water games! :) |
 |
| An outdoor singing was a wonderful end to the evening! It has been so long since we have been able to sing with a large group due to the pandemic! |
 |
| Both sets of grandparents and single aunts and uncles came over for the party! |
 |
Our sweet two year old girl! Her favorite things are food, babies, flowers, clothes, and the color pink...most of which were represented on her birthday. I didn't know it was possible for me to birth a real girl...but here she is! However, she does pretty good at keeping up with her brothers with all of their tools, Legos, and boys stuff too.
|
 |
| To continue the tradition that started with Micah's 2nd birthday, Joanna wrapped up all her pacifiers that night and put them in a gift bag while she slept. In the morning, they had all turned into suckers! The first several days I was regretting my decision because she stopped taking afternoon naps, but now she is figuring the nap thing back out again and doing well. |
I have gone into "nesting" mode...or "mad scramble" mode...whatever it is called when you realize a baby is supposed to be coming and you don't feel like you have prepared one bit. The past two weeks I have gotten the freezer stocked with meals and snacks and packed our hospital bag so it can collect dust for a few more weeks. I've also gotten a few other miscellaneous things checked off my list.
 |
My sweet corn helpers! Last Saturday Matt was working at church all day so the kids and I were on our own. I got just enough sweet corn to fit their attention span, which gave us two meals' worth and three quarts in the freezer! :)
|
Sunday we enjoyed a Schulz family night at Andrew and Hannah's. This week we were on the run quite a bit. Monday was the grand finale of Grandma camp with almost all of the Schulz grandchildren. The Lanz children are here from Connecticut and the Dotterer family came for a few days too! Grandma Frizzle took the little ones on a ride on her Magic Airplane!
 |
Grandma Frizzle and her copilot with the mismatching socks.
|
Tuesday I had my 38 week appointment in the morning and a doctor visit for Joanna in the afternoon. She felt pretty special to be given a Mickey Mouse mask to wear!
Wednesday I hauled the kids to town in their pajamas so I could get my 38-week Covid test at the drive-thru station. Friday I was confirmed negative, so we are one step closer to a "normal" hospital experience when the baby comes. Now we just have to be free of any obvious Covid symptoms when I go into labor and hopefully all will be well.
I took Joanna's two year pictures this week!
This girl is such a sweetheart with a beautiful smile and lots of love to share! My favorite thing about this stage is the funny expressions that come out of her mouth as she learns to talk more and more! She has a strong spirit and is quick to assume responsibility for keeping her brothers in line: "Micah Cha' Schulz, 'tum back wite now!" It might be good for her to have a younger sibling who actually cares about the orders she gives.
Joanna also loves to help me out...anything to do with food makes her happy and she will eat ANYTHING without complaint! That includes things ranging from fresh broccoli to plain salt to mouthfuls of cat food.
And she loves to sing along with her favorite songs: "Hmm Deep" (Deep and Wide), Trust and Obey, and "Bo-Bo-Bo" (God Told Noah to Build a Big Boat...).
Love you, sweet girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment