Wednesday, March 6

December through February + Justin's Wedding

One final "catch-up" post for anyone who is still reading this blog. Maybe eventually I can start actually writing again. :)

I left off at the end of November, so here we are getting ready for Christmas! Non-pictured events included the Christmas program, Christmas caroling, serving church lunch, a weekend with Darci's family, and a whole lot of sickness. I honestly felt like we had the plague during the month of December, so we missed a few events but were able to make it to the most important ones!


Our 10th anniversary gift finally arrived!

Kids playing church - they had to cut up lots of little pieces to hand out as "candy" to the young children. 

Fort Day (Dad inspired)

Stanley Children's Christmas party!

Mrs. Claus made an appearance!

Baby lambs born for the second time in 2023! This batch brought us three baby lambs.

We got to witness this birth from our kitchen window!



Homeschool Christmas party at the nursing home!

Daddy did some 3-D pen activities when he was babysitting one day. 

A few of the results!


Lanz Christmas festivities - which one was the name brand?

Christmas Day at the Schulz Home - Stockings

Gift exchange (we all draw names between each other)


Birthday cake for Jesus!

Massner Family Christmas the next day...


Joanna was getting good at making lattes at the Redwood Café.




Children's Lens: Castle with a king and queen, maid, and servant
Mother's Lens: A gigantic mess


Joanna was begging to make a video of herself making a smoothie. 
(Those who are reading this on email, visit the blog for the video link.)

Girls doing chores!
We celebrated the halfway point of our school year with a field trip to the Herbert Hoover Museum in West Branch and ice skating in Coralville.

The snow arrived - and lots of it!

We were snowed in for a few days after a ridiculous amount of snowfall (can't remember the amount).

Before the worst of the snow and subzero temps, we did enjoy a day playing out in the snow!

It was great for tunnels!

Russell turned 4!

Another art project (no snow days for us!)


Hard to believe our oldest is eight years old! We love this growing boy!

Apologies once again for a sideways photo. Levi did a short scavenger hunt for his birthday.

Due to the snowstorm, Justin and Darci's Mediapolis shower was rescheduled for Levi's birthday. It was a nice evening!

All the little girlies helping with gifts!

Another visit to Grandma Lanz

And another art project!

Charlie came over for a morning of lots of fun!

MACC - building structures


Big brother trying to teach Clara to use roller blades!

We went to the STEMfest at SCC and had a fun time visiting all the exhibits.

Micah turned seven in February. Such a kind hearted boy we have!

Story time!

Working on Valentines

Girls having a picnic lunch on the deck. I thought it was very sweet that they even remembered to say their prayers.

I have made a few trips to Iowa City for doctor appointments this winter for various children. This time my GPS took me right past Carver-Hawkeye Arena just an hour or two before the big CC made her mark in history. The intersection was a little busy.  

Enjoyed a date night with Levi after his appointment!

And an unplanned date with Matt when he drove 45 minutes north to change my flat tire on the way home! It was an interesting evening and late night.

Preparing to host a Young Couple's Valentine's Dinner! It was a lot of fun! 

And I had fun making the chalkboard presentable as well. :)

Working on my lattes last week.

Another Daddy shot

Dress rehearsal for the big weekend coming up!


My retired music teacher from elementary school is doing a music program with the homeschool group this spring! We are excited! 

Also at the co-op last week was a bunny demonstration!

I got a Walmart tattoo on Friday. One of the benefits of driving a dusty, beat up van is that one more dent hardly matters anymore. It does seem to bother drivers of brand new Mercedes G-Wagons when I scratch their bumpers, so I know being relaxed about bumps and bruises isn't a universal privilege of all vehicle drivers. I am one of the lucky ones.

On to the big day!!!

Justin & Darci's Wedding
March 3rd, 2024

A few unprofessional snapshots from picture day...


The niblings were not very excited about pictures!

It would have been helpful if all of the children were five year old girls. Photos would have gone so much more blissfully. 

There we are, almost made it all in one piece!

I didn't get photos of the Massner family (due to being in those photos), but here is one I snapped of the Wettstein siblings! Everything was so beautiful!

We enjoyed a beautiful rehearsal dinner Saturday evening with the family and wedding party. 

A few reception details! The leather items from the wedding (including my children's bowties and bows) were made in Ethiopia by some of Darci's colleagues! 

This photo isn't totally clear, but shows photos of the people who made the Ethiopian wedding details. 

So thankful for yet another sister-in-law! 


Joanna and Sierra are going to miss being together so often! They got to do the gift table at the reception together.



Congratulations, Justin and Darci! And best wishes on your marriage and the future God has planned for you! 

Blessings to all of you as well. I love you and always love to hear from you! Have a lovely week. 

6 comments:

  1. What a feat to get the last 13 months documented. We always enjoy hearing and seeing all the happenings in your busy, little family. Thanks for letting us join you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I did not have my name attached to my first post. We'll try it again!

    What a feat to get the last 13 months documented. We always enjoy hearing and seeing all the happenings in your busy, little family. Thanks for letting us join you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response, Mom! We are so thankful for the love of our family!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you are doing this! I have a few more suggestions now that I am old and have a poor memory!. I hope you are also keeping a private diary of your own life and struggles. It is helpful down the road, to look back and see how far the Lord has brought you. and there is something about the act of writing that I know you can appreciate. I know you are probably more organized than I was, but I used to write cute little things that the kids did on Post-it notes and put them in a drawer. Then, when I had a chance, I would enter them in their baby book. It was crude, but it worked🥹 all this being said, during the busiest times of my life, my journaling and diary were pretty much nonexistent… Those are the times that it’s the hardest to remember now🫢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your suggestions, Cathy. Even now I have discovered that I have a very bad memory if it weren't for photos, videos, recordings, and other people's memories. I've been trying to do better lately at writing down some of those fun little memories because I know we will forget!

      Delete