Monday, September 21

A Better Closet

We found another project to keep Matt busy for a few days. The closet in the future baby room didn't really have much for shelving, so he designed and installed his own! It will be so nice to have the extra closet organization.

We started with a small amount of research and a trip to Menards for supplies. These are his carefully drawn up plans. 
I forgot to get a "before" picture of the closet, but there used to be one shelf all the way across at the very top with a hanging rod underneath it. I pretty much just piled up my junk at the bottom and kept a few boxes stowed away at the top. 

This is midway through Matt's work with the frame put together. 
He attached the frame partway up the wall... 
And then added the rest of the pieces, with holes and pegs for adjustable shelving! 
The end product! One side is shelves, and the other side has two clothes hanging rods, on top and bottom, with another shelf in between. 
...and then I moved the baby stuff we've accumulated to the closet to clean up the bedroom a bit for now. The closet looks like a disorganized mess, but Matt said I had to post a picture of the closet with stuff in it! I don't have any clothes hanging yet since I didn't feel like digging them out. 
Whether or not you can tell from the pictures, the closet looks so nice now and the shelves will be much more convenient for keeping it organized! It is great to have my very own handyman who loves these kinds of projects!

The next step for this room will be a paint job. Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment