The Massner family came over a couple weeks ago to celebrate Mom's birthday, and we celebrated in the classic autumn way: with a weiner roast! Perhaps it wasn't the "classic" way to pamper your mother for her birthday, but it worked out and we had some good family time around the fire!
Matt used the event to get some wood split for the winter by having the boys try out their hand with the maul. Jonathan informed me that they wouldn't be doing my chores because folding laundry doesn't make them feel manly.
Later, I figured I would try out the long-forgotten challenge of bobbing for apples.
When it started getting a little darker, I deviated from the usual s'mores and we cooked apples over the fire with extra toppings inside.
![]() |
| Happy Birthday, Mom! |
What a wonderful time of year to spend in the great outdoors! I love fall! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment