It seems like just a couple months ago I was writing a post about our first anniversary, and here we are (a year later, yes) celebrating number two! We are so thankful and blessed to have one another. I know marriage would not be the blessing it is for us if God was not behind it, and I thank Him every day for bringing us together.
 |
| Two dozen roses for two wonderful years! :) I think I am spoiled! |
We received an anniversary card the other day that said, "Adventure Awaits..." Though all of life seems to be one big adventure, they were writing about our hopeful transition to parenthood in a few months. We hope and pray that the challenges and "adventures" of raising a little one will be a blessing to our marriage as well.
This year together has been a special one. Our first year was spent getting to know each other, and the second saw us through new experiences that brought us closer to one another and to the Lord.
 |
| 3 days... |
 |
| 1 year... |
 |
| 2 years! |
I went up to Muscatine yesterday to meet Matt for lunch. We picked up subs from a sub shop next to work that he always raves about, and then had a picnic by the river another block away. The rest of the day about spiraled out of control as I got groceries, barely made it back in time to pick up Matt's three siblings at school (ok, so I was a couple minutes late), and brought them along with me to piano lessons until 6:15. Matt was kind enough to have supper ready when we all got home (some wife I am for an anniversary, huh?), and then after supper and homework it was pretty much time for everyone to head to bed! The kids will be staying here on weekdays until his Mom & Dad get home next Tuesday night. Perhaps the awaiting adventure was closer than they were thinking!
Looking forward to many more blessed years with a wonderful friend and husband! God is so good!
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete