Matt's parents took his grandparents down to Texas last week, and we got the privilege of keeping his three younger siblings during the week! Phil and Kelli relieved us over the weekend while we took a little anniversary getaway.
All went well...look how happy they were after two nights at our place! Ok, so maybe I told them to look really excited for the picture...
Ethan came home from his field trip that afternoon with a black eye (from running into something, not inflicted by anyone). It was pretty impressive, but the girls thought it looked like makeup.
Most of our evenings were spent with the basic day-to-day activities of homework, supper, and bedtime. Monday night, Matt helped the kids put together a 3-D puzzle of the Empire State Building.
Mom and Dad came home last night and picked them up. It was kind of interesting to get a feel for taking care of the daily needs of a family. It actually reminded me of the days when my parents would leave and I was doing the same thing for my brothers.
A unique observation from the week was what my house looks like when it is messy. That probably sounds absurd, but I really don't ever get out all of the toys and play with them, nor do I bring home three book bags of papers from school to show Matt. Don't get the impression that these kids are messy, because they really aren't. They just create three more people's worth of disorganization and I haven't ever seen that in our house. So I pretty much realized that I am not really a good housekeeper, but the place just stays organized because there are only two people living here. :)
We are sort of getting back to our life routines around here. I am running out of energy for the deep-cleaning projects these days, but have been working on some other projects that I may or may not share with you later, depending on how everything turns out! :)
I have plenty of other happenings to share from the past couple weeks, but I will give everyone some time to digest the above. :) Hope you've all had a good week!


I like reading these! Keep them coming.
ReplyDelete